Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts and XDubai have produced exciting, unique footage of a remarkable stunt where JB O’Neill navigates his way around the waterways of Madinat Jumeirah on the ultimate ‘wakecation’. During the stunt JB is filmed leaping from the family friendly pool of Jumeirah Mina A’Salam into the lagoons, cruising past the palatial Jumeirah Al Qasr and gracefully jumping over bridges in the waterways around the intimate Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf.
The release of the XDubai footage marked the launch of the ‘Rediscover Madinat’ campaign, which encourages guests to rediscover the Arabian Resort of Dubai.
Some facts about the XDubai Wakecation in Madinat Jumeirah:
- The highest drop in the video from the Jumeirah Mina A’Salam pool to the waterways was 7 meters.
- When JB O’ Neill rides under the bridge of Talise Spa, there is only a 68cm gap between him and the bridge.
- The biggest wakeboarding spin trick in the video is a 540 degree jump over the bridge.
- The highest speed JB hit whilst wakeboarding in the waterways was 34km/h.
- Whilst filming, the total number of jumps completed by the XDubai athlete in the stunt was 30 and the ramp was placed in 5 different locations across Madinat Jumeirah.
- The specially built ramp by XDubai is 1.1 meters tall.
- The stunt was filmed by a total of 8 different cameras including a special underwater XX and filmed over a period of two days.
Coverage was secured by The Communication Group plc on Mail Online and you can view the footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7IEf_wlFPs&feature=youtu.be